Brackenhurst 5 bed detached house in the New Forest
Rachel worked with the owners Liz and Bill and Wendy Perring at PAD studio in Lymington on this contemporary, low energy house in the New Forest.
The original brief was to achieve Passivhaus standard, if possible and to meet Level 5 of the Code for Sustainable Homes.
- Modelling the house in Passivhaus Planning Package (PHPP) and giving specification advice
- Renewable energy feasibility work and specification for Code level 5
- Code for Sustainable Homes design advice and assessment
- Air testing
- 0.09 U value walls and roof
- 0.12 U value floor
- Passivhaus certified triple glazed windows and doors
- Target air tightness of 0.6 m3/hm2@50Pa
- Renewable Energy from local biomass, solar hot water and photo voltaics