Rachel Mitchell of Green Box Associates currently teaches a Two day Passivhaus course at the University of Coventry on Sustainable Building Practices. This is a EU funded course which is part of Sustainable Building Futures
The courses attended by Architects, Builders, Engineers, Developers, Window Manufacturers and Self Builders, gives an introduction to Passivhaus standards and methods. Up-skillng Small and Medium Enterprises with low energy and sustainable building skills.
The Learning outcomes for the course are as follows
The learner will be able to:
- Explain the key components of the Passivhaus standard
- Describe the trajectory of Building Regulations and where the Passivhaus standard fits in this context
- Describe how building physics determines the theoretical energy performance of buildings
- Identify and evaluate a range of strategies to reduce energy use in and carbon emissions from buildings
- Critically evaluate the key strategies for creating a Passivhaus building
- Describe the roles of different participants in the delivery of a Passivhaus building
- Analyse the knowledge, skills and behaviours required of the team to deliver a Passivhaus building
This course is developed by Rachel Mitchel on behalf of Green Stripes, a low energy training consortium and is running in July, Sepetmber and December 2014.